As mentioned before I’m moving to a weekly digest instead of a daily digest for time management’s sake. For the Daily Digest I was mirroring the format of Tim Challies’ blog here. For the Weekly Rewind I really like the way Ben Arment does his weekly post. Here’s a sample:
- Ainsley’s mom came through brain surgery yesterday to remove a cancerous turmor. They removed the right occipital lobe of her brain, but she was lucid after she woke up. She’s in ICU for a few days. Thanks for your prayers
- I’ve been watching our three cowboys non-stop for the past few days and loving it. We rode a ferry in Norfolk’s harbor yesterday to the Portsmouth children’s museum.
- The moving truck pulls up next Tues. (gulp)
- 3-dimensional set for the Amon Tobin tour. This is an incredible sight to behold (via @shawnlandis)
You can see how he has some personal notes, but also has his fair share of links. You can view his whole post here.
Hopefully these guys view imitation as the sincerest form of flattery and not copyright infringement.
So, without further ado, here is this week’s Weekly Rewind:
- Neighborhood news: a lady managed to total her car by somehow running into the back of a parked truck owned by a police officer.
- Weather news: We’re dealing with wildfires in our area. You know it’s bad when you’re current weather condition is this:
- Sports Highlight: Auburn man, Tim Hudson, threw 8 innings of shutout, 1 hit ball AND hit a 2R HR in the Braves’ 2-0 victory against the Blue Jays. I believe they call this the “total package.”
- Great article on the pitfalls of leadership. It comes from a Harvard Business School professor and is applicable in all areas of leadership, ministry or otherwise. H/T John Gunter.
- Are people in our ministries overly busy because the leaders model busyness? Read here about the importance of establishing a pattern of engagement and retreat for effective ministry.
- The typical Christian is not the image we often have of a white, American. A needed article here.
- Another reason why you should teach your kids not to talk to strangers. Hint: It’s not for their safety.
- Just started into Job in my Bible reading plan which always makes me fearful that my life is about to fall apart.